About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Final Week of June

I have yet to fulfill my resolution of coming in time for work. In fact, it is has been getting worst since mum makes it waking up a living nightmare. How? She screams for me to wake up every morning outside my door and outside my window and I will put more effort into sandwiching my head between my pillows to escape the torture of her voice and in effect soundproof my existing 6 alarms in the process... Don't comment.

Finally, got to eat Kampar's delicious spare rib laksa tonight. I am whole again.

'Beautiful Sun'* Misun and 'Malam tak berbintang'* Me (*pet names we created for each other this week) have been trying to make progress on our ongoing career crisis by floating around the job market. I have been trying to improvise my CV for a career in Design for the past 7 hours (obviously it has been frustrating). A diploma/degree in the relevant field is highly emphasized by every potential employer.

"Even if the dog is an authentic pedigree, it will still be considered a mutt because it does not have a certificate to prove its ancestry." (replays in my mind)

It has been playing in my mind to complete at least my diploma. (And when I graduate, I'm going to make photocopies of it and paste it all over town) XD

Off the record, I am thinking of using the strategy of confusing my prospective employer with my crazy portfolio and sneak in through the 'back door' of the art industry while he is still in a daze. Like, wish me luck.

I talked with Yung today and he let me admire his stunning character designs for Digi class. So I was inspired to stalk the TOA today website to see how my fellow classmen were developing and I found...


This was from my major year illustration class. The choice to put up a painting of a pumpkin and fish is a bit awkward. I can still remember the discomfort analysing the detail of that dead fish. Even so it was always my wish to see my work on display on the college's website and gallery. I achieved both in a year so mebbe I shouldn't beat myself so badly over everything that had happened. The artist has gone but the art remains. :')

A few more weeks and I would have completed my second year of art college.

No comments: