About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Monday, June 29, 2009

So Unlike Me

As much as I dislike my dad's horrendous bad habits, I am a duplicate of him.

Throughout my whole life, you could always count on the fact that I was late for kindergarten right up till graduation day. And considering the fact that work is only one song on the radio away, you guessed it.

My dad mentioned during dinner time yesterday, "I used to be late for school everyday even though I stayed next to it." Blame the bad genes that passed on.

6 months working here already...

I was dead on time for work today... As in 8:30 sharp. Everyone in the office who came earlier and later than me looked like they saw a ghost. Even my sister and mum thought speculated either I was traumatized by something or a coconut fell onto my head when I was out in the garden yesterday.

Let's see how long I'll manage to keep up...

Another trait I inherited from my dad that was blooming throughout the years is that I have the constant itch to defy convention. Rules and regulations belong to a parallel universe from mine. I can't stand authority. Fear it the consequences of defying it I do, therefore a passive aggressive personality is formed as a reaction towards it...

Society gives us the basic requirements us to study hard, get a degree, get a high paying job, get married to a good prospect and have kids. I've about kinda screwed the first 3 and am feeling unexcited for the next 2. I feel claustrophobic being pressured into fitting the norm therefore I prefer to avoid it, or do the alternative.

Work calls us to suck up our superiors, be treated like dirt and let everyone trample all over you for any reason under the sun (because its normal) and perform your work without mistake (or at least pretend to).

There's always gonna be f*ktards all around you. But they're the one's that make life exciting, only when you're up to taking up the challenge...

This is the last time I'm pulling such a daring stunt (which was dead close to the expense of my firm). Truth be told, I kinda enjoyed the drama but consider myself lucky that I escaped actually falling into the boiling water.

Pa, it was your genes acting. It wasn't throwing someone's bike into the river though. :P

No comments: