About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Grateful

I am grateful to God because...
  • I have not suffered poverty, severe hunger, neverending debts.
  • I never lived in a squatter wooden house in someone else's land.
  • I never have to work hard in my life because eventually the one before me will pass his fortune down to me.
  • I can buy whatever my heart desires without contemplating about the fact that I can't even cover my basic bills.
  • I have great chances of education because there's someone to pay it for me.
  • Because of good education, I'll start off better in a job than those who cannot afford paper qualification.
  • After that, the capital to investing whatsoever is already lying there ready. Money makes more money which will fend me for life and the next few generations.
  • I don't have to work towards a retirement fund because I'm already well provided for.
  • I don't have to work 2 jobs a day, move to a faraway country to work work in uncomfortable positions because if not, my mother will faint in hunger.
  • I don't have to take a loan from the bank. I don't even have to know wtf is a down payment and monthly installments and interest p.a.
  • My life is secured no matter what happens.
  • I can get sick and not worry about medical expenses.
  • I can do anything and everything the poor cannot. Eg. throwing a stack of dollar bills into the sea and feel proud about it
  • I can 'peisi' commoners and slave drive them around because I have the power and status to do so.
SERIOUSLY. I am grateful to God.
I am very grateful to God to the point I cry tears of joy because I have a group of friends who have NEVER said ALL the above to me. 

I have friends who see me as an equal, struggling through life (different forms of troubles but same levels of frustrations, despair & worries). Never once I remembered being compared or judged in that manner. They never said that even though I have problems but money makes up for it, believe that other people suffer more than I do and am not qualified to complain.

I am grateful that they do not measure my level of competency against my financial back up. Eg.: She is only skilled because her parents can afford to pay for a more prestigious college. She is only successful because her parents provided her with start up capital (+ If I had the chance / start up capital  / born in her shoes, I would have succeeded too). I'm not like you, my parents cannot afford my resits so I have to work hard (as if I don't).

I am glad that people take sincere interest in my work and I am offered the chance to amuse them (with something I feel too low self esteemed to acknowledge it as 'talent'). I like it when my friends cheer me on in whatever I'm doing (even though I sometimes question whether it makes any sense to them at all). This moves me to tears even though it is just one person doing so.

Am very glad that even though I obviously flopped a thousand times in front of them or said a lot of stupid things whether I realized it or not, they don't make a big deal out of it.

I abhor it when people ask me questions like, "Is there a NEED for YOU to work HARD???" or scoff at my dreams because they think I have the privilege to do so just because I needn't give a shit about reality since that's my parents/ancestors job. They even formed a indisputable hypothesis that it would be instant death for me should I one day loose this support.

Thank God for the people who are NOT like that.
 

No comments: