About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Monday, October 11, 2010

My Growth Rate Is Certainly Impeded

Today I felt a bit susceptible that I didn't possess much of maturity in terms of looks and sociability of someone of my age. By MY standards, of course. 

It's because, I actually a lot of 18 year olds are more adult-like than me! They have done things that I've never heard of until I was in my twenties and achieved much more while I'm still running around the place with my short/jerseys/slippers/knapsacks and mistakenly assumed to be part of the group of my younger sister's friends (despite being older by nearly half a decade). :)

I'm actually in awe (and a little intimidated) that girls nowadays are starting young clubbing their guts out, buying luxury items that logically can only be afforded by the affluent, dress up/make up 5 years older than they are, having sex earlier (with a number of different guys sometimes) and tried almost every contraceptive available in the market that by they're 21, they look like they've already turned 37. Those are the 'adult things' that come in mind, generally.

On the other hand, the things that I'm actually quite respectful towards some of my younger counterparts is that some of them are professionally involved in things such as starting their own businesses, modeling and endorsing products, having a proper/improper income source to afford all sorts of enviable things, travelled three quarters of the earth, have had one or two plastic surgeries or owning their own place.

In that respect, I feel undeserving if someone calls me Jie Jie. Sorry, I don't meet that standard yet, but I'm on the way. :P I was thinking if you we're to be behaving like a 25 year old when you are 16, then what is left when you actually turn 25?

No comments: