About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Proof That Procrastination Is Not Always Bad

So I suppose most of you guys have already known (or about to know) that I'm a g-damned procrastinator. The only person (I acknowledge) worst than me is probably my roommate during our college days, because at least my assignments would have been finished 6 hours before 8 am of the due date, whereas she would have just started drafting her assignment points and I would help her type it out of panic that she won't be able to make it with that kind of speed that she is going. However, it always ends up that she would get the highest marks in class despite the behind the scenes chaos, stress and tears. She's a totally different person now that she is in the working world because it demands the impossible from you with much dire consequences if unfulfilled.

Anyway, I have a serious confession to make. Right until today, I haven't managed to book my return ticket from London-Kuala Lumpur. My relatives have been nagging me since January to have everything booked so that I would not end up with no flights or accommodation during the summer break since it's a peak season. I gave in 90% to their nagging and booked almost everything just to have them off my back, but I have this extremely rebellious streak that made me just dilly dally with my return flight. I had this mentality that I would always do it 'tomorrow'. And that was since March.

So yesterday night, I started to have a fear of no flights or the price going even higher and I made a resolution to myself that I would get it done the next day, no excuses. I was rather worrisome about the fact that the price might have gone up but I'd still have to buy the tickets nonetheless... (ego issues)

All this while, I kept lying that I had everything settled, so that everyone would stop questioning me. :P However, it is pointless that I tell them because no one actually makes the effort to remember that they have asked me, and I would be thrown the same question again the next time we talk about it despite the many times I have told them. Same goes for the exact dates that we're going. 

So prior to that these were the prices when I checked between the period of February to May. (Yes, I often clicked on the MAS site to check whether the flight is still there or whether the price has gone up but I couldn't make the extra effort to book the bloody tickets then!) 















I got rejected when I tried to pay the above price with my credit card because that was  over the limit so I had to wait a little till my credit recuperated. And this is the price when I checked today...














My G. It's like HALF the price. And for 30 seconds I thought I might have purchased the wrong flight or there was some internal error or a scam (being the cynic I am)... 

30 seconds later, I just made the purchase because I was in fear that the price will shoot up like how it does in Air Asia and other budget airlines even if you're slower by a split second and you will have to bear with the agony that the price went up RM20-50-100 (it is money also, okay!). 

So at the end of the day, I have all the tickets and stuff booked and I can live peacefully without being haunted by the fact of outstanding to-dos. The best part is the 50% cheaper I had to pay. Yay for procrastination (this round)!

1 comment:

Akkanian said...

I spat out my mineral water when I saw GBP 3k LOL XD