About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Blurness

It crossed my mind to get myself a personal assistant to keep track of my cases, see that I don't misplace my documents, do my photocopying, check my spelling mistakes, make sure that I don't look like a fashion disaster, get enough sleep and that I take my vitamins in time.

I forgot to bring my lunch to work despite packing it up so well this morning. Thank God, since my house is like only 3 minutes away, I asked my mum to drop by when she's about going out to town. At least now I manage to keep track of the bigger issues at the expense of forgetting the small details.

My Monday at work was a tad messed up, mostly because of my personal carelessness. I am trying my best to rectify things before the week ends and hopefully to set my good record straight again. I think I would be bringing out my Law books to read just so that I know as much as I should, having studying Law for 3 years. Well, at least this time I'm not studying for the sake of passing my exams but for leisure.

Work is really pushing me out of my comfort zone. For example, I really hate talking on the phone or talking to people (especially difficult people) but it's all part of the job to do so (and do so properly). Secondly, carelessness and procrastination being my first nature, a job with high responsibilities and severe penalties if I fail to meet expectations allows me to shed it off.

One habit which I find exceptionally difficult to break for the past quarter of my life is my utmost disregard for punctuality. I am well aware that this attitude will be the downfall of my otherwise near-perfect professional ethics. I suspect that the reason behind my unacceptable behavior runs deeper than the common logic of poor time management. In fact, I sense that it is driven by a unconscious psychological basis...

Being late gives me a rush. And I'm addicted to it. XD

No comments: