About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Geek Post

Being the enthusiastic geek I was, I went camera accessory scouting at Kinta City last week. As fate would have it, the Nikon SB-800 AF Speedlight was out of production throughout the entire Malaysia... *echoes of banshee wailing*

What was IN at the moment was the
'bigger, better and a-heck-lot-pricier' Nikon SB-900 AF Speedlight. Cost? RM1,799-00, after pleading for discount with teary manga eyes for 7 minutes. I refuse. One, it's selling cheaper online. Two, considering the fact that I have set my mind to get another 2 or 3 lenses along with it; namely the 50mm (for portrait shots), 30-70mm (for long range), some other lenses in between, the fisheye lense I oh-so-covet or the I can only $%^&% wish 18-200mm (which cost even more expensive than a camera body). Estimation of damage: 10k++.

The only reason I would want to buy it at a camera shop is because should anything happen to my gadgets I could physically go there and kick up a fuss for faster service.

SB-800 vs. SB-900, the difference in size and weight means more burden to my already weak hands. As if my DSLR isn't heavy enough...


---

The next thing on the Geek's list of interests are the lightweight 8.9-10.1 inch laptops, called netbooks which are priced cheaper (and prettier) than what they used to be 2-3 years ago. Range of the more famous choices include Acer, Dell, HP, Toshiba, Asus, Samsung and Sony. The common specs; 1.6-GHz Intel processor, 1GB of RAM, between 80-160GB memory, 1.3 MP built-in camera, 2-3hrs battery life (8-9hrs on standby) and Windows XP. (Holy crap, I actually remembered all the specs the sales person told me!)

Price range; RM1,500-1,800. No wonder I see people bringing them everywhere, even in the rural areas of town. I feel so jakun, thinking that the amount of rich people have increased in Ipoh. I am so tempted to get one just for the fact that it is ridiculously priced like a high end handphone.

Like what could be more wicked than this?
Samsung NC10


More wickedness.


Even in Valentine's edition Pink. O.O


The mother of all evils, the temptation of the Sony VAIOs.


My sensibility eventually got the better of me considering the fact that my existing laptop is still in working order and does everything I want it to do, plus I just had its hardwares replaced under warranty.

I decided that I will get one within the next 2 years when the specs would have been more powerful and the price even lower. Evil me.

---

Here I was wondering after the release of the Intous 3 in 2004, followed by a long hiatus, it came to me a lame joke that Wacom's comeback was in the form of silly little Bamboos. I take that back.

March 2009; The Intous 4 is madness.

Like madness...


I honestly want to kiss the genius who designed this.

No comments: