About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Monday, December 7, 2009

My Weekend in KL

I'm typing this on the bus home. Trying to rush to make it in time for Hun Yee's birthday dinner! I'm so under schedule, I think I could only reach by 8?! Feels like I'm going to be killed.

The PC Fair was on this weekend. I bought an FM transmitter, a foldable table (the kind that allows you to online on the bed or maybe breakfast in bed) and a 2 GB RAM for my netbook. The up side was that items which were not sold in Ipoh were available and prices of certain things were slashed down signficantly. There was a lot of other things I really wanted to get ie: Audio Technologica headphones which were both stylish and sounded brilliant. Mebbe I'll get it at the next fair.

My thoughts about KL after leaving it for nearly a year:-

Expenditure is like living in Hong Kong or eating at the airport where they hike up prices by 3 times. In just the weekend. I used up an amount of phone credit of what I would normally last 1/2 a month. On food, I used up what would have lasted me 3 months in survival mode. As for shopping, I felt as if having RM200 in your pocket would have severely unqualified to walk into a shopping department.


I think to myself, how do people survive here when everything is so pricey and wages so little? RM2k a month or less is totally dangerous to be living here. What more those foreign workers getting as little as 700? It saddens me to see foreign workers being hired for cheap labour and working in spaces as smaller than my 4x5 bathroom for less than 1k a day especially in a grnad luxurious place like KLCC where other people would be spluging on overpriced luxuries.


As a result, I don't think I would like to go back to work in KL. It gives me a very saddening feeling.

No comments: