About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Belated Independence Day.

Fireworks. Parades. Crowds. Flags. Sales. Being awakened by dad's shouting of the 'Merdeka!' cry by himself in front of the telly at 12.

I do appreciate everything that has been done for the sake of independence of this country. Honestly. Especially after going through Marion's class. She was probably the coolest lecturer we had last semester. I often secretly hoped to witness the one time that she might fling her slipper at some student for being late/rude/stupid in class... (That could be me; setting the earth shattering record of 1 time absent and 4 times late.*)

*I intend to change this semester. I tried. I kinda succeeded. But it wasn't good enough. Too bad. Keep encouraging me!

Back to what I was saying, Merdeka. Every 31st of the month, Baskin Robbins offers 31% discount on their ice cream. Yes, there is correlation between them.

I seldom remember dates. I believe it was fate that I went to Jusco that day despite the maddening crowd and rain.

Yes boy, I too, am fascinated and indecisive about what I want to eat.

He can name you all flavours available. So can I. (I heard him repeat that 8 times over.)

Ipoh has Big Apple. Surprise! We received a coupon from our previous purchase for 6 free donuts with a purchase of 12 or 3 free ones for 6. In the end, we gave in to our gut feelings that 18 donuts were too big a conquest at the moment and should only be attempted when we have increased in high level party members.

Donuts to accompany DoTA.

Upper right: Ryan's. Bottom left: Mine.

Hence, it shall be marked with the seal of my face.

My craving for chocolate is insatiable.

Chocolate overflow. I stained everything within the radius of a meter.

Of course, we didn't manage to finish all 9 donuts... I left the fate of the remaining 5 to Ryan. God knows how he chose to dispose of them.

Fast forward 7 days later. I returned for my ice cream. (Pralines N' Cream & Chocolate Something) And I realized the strangest thing...

Cherry L.: There're 2 spoons. Are you eating with the big one or small one?
Ryan: Big spoon is for you. I'm eating with the small one.
Cherry L.: You wanna 'hamhoi' me izit?
Ryan: Muahohohoho. *scoops ice cream 5 times the size of his teaspoon*
Cherry L.: *thinks to self* You give me large spoon also useless. *scoops ice cream 1/6 the size of the tablespoon* *stares at ice cream and makes a shocking discovery* Eh, I thought I bought 1 pint of ice cream, how come the size so big?
Ryan: That's what the guy gave you. I was quite surprised because you mentioned you wanted the smallest one but I thought you changed your mind and wanted bigger.
Cherry L.: No-larh. We had donuts and I'm not that crazy. I paid the price for a pint (RM18.50). It's written here on the receipt. They gave me a quart...

Merdeka.

No comments: