About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

'Tis Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All.

The Seventh Day
Synopsis
Different people have different attitudes to love - even those born on the same day in the same year do not necessarily share the same views. YAU CHI-WING (Kevin Cheng) and HUI WAI-YAN (Bosco Wong) were both born on the seventh day of August, but one takes relationships seriously while the other is so money-minded and sees love as a tool to get higher up the social ladder.

The tale begins on the seventh of August, when WING and YAN first encounter their own dream girl on the same island. WING works as a lifeguard on the outlying island. He gets to know pet shop assistant LING KA-YAN (Niki Chow) by chance and is soon mesmerized by her endearing personality. YAN who works at a coffee shop meets a romance comic artist called WONG CHI-KWAN (Natalie Tong). Being misled into believing that the girl is from a rich family, YAN decides to chase her. He would never have thought that someone as calculating as himself would end up falling into a love trap.

Cast: Kevin Cheng, Niki Chow, Bosco Wong, Natalie Tong, Elaine Yiu, Sam Chan, Suki Tsui, Joel Chan, Charmaine Lee, Selena Li, Kiki Sheung, Ken Wong, Eddie Lee

I finally finished watching the whole 20 episodes last night! It was pretty good and entertaining. Thought the actors were really natural in handling their roles. Other than that I was rather amused that this series was so reflective on what was going on in my life (ie. the main characters personalities were eerily similar, the communication problems that surface, the 'fearful emotional baggage' of the past). Most interestingly is the scene of the male lead's birthday on the 7th of August. My birthday was on the 2nd of August, and that was when everything started too. *LOL*

One of my most remembered scenes was when the main female lead was typing her blog saying that she would want to have a glorious and sweet relationship at least once in her life (even though it might not mean forever) before she turns 35. I thought true, better to have loved like you never did before at least once in your life; for 50 years, 10 years, 3 years, 3 months or even 12 days. The female lead did not make it till they both grew old, but she was indeed happy and had no regrets. (There, I had to spoil it for you!)

How am I? Eee. Orkaylah. I laughed a lot, finally managed to cried a bit. But overall, I'm discovering new things everyday and am healing slowly but surely. I heard him laugh and being himself, even though it wasn't in front of me but I felt much better than any day I felt throughout this one month. Suddenly at that moment, I realized that I wasn't obsessively concerned of my own wants and needs anymore. It is the best for both of us to continue pursuing whatever makes us happy even if it means parting ways. I think I'm slowly gaining strength to move on by myself. I've been severely spoilt. >,<

And the song responsible for releasing my floodgates;

Fall For You

Secondhand Serenade



"I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
You always thought that I was stronger
I may have failed but I have loved you from the start"


No comments: