About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Ipoh Daily

Now I understand why Jo finds it so entertaining to blog during work hours. I actually have work pending, but I just feel so distracted at the moment and I have submitted to feed my guilty pleasure. My phone line died, taking my internet connection with it when it got struck by lightning. Oh the boredom.

My days at work are as such; most days you'll lose yourself within stacks of work with incoming deadlines crashing into you at 140km/hr or else you'll be just sitting there hoping something interesting would happen (say marbles falling out of the sky). Sometimes, I would get lost in the excitement of work, it is in a way interesting .learning something new,

I hardly felt my weekend. It came and went and it was Monday again. Dropped dead Friday night after spending the entire night out in which we had 3 rounds of food (steamboat, ice cream and mamak). Entered the office on Saturday. 4 course dinner at Citrus (oh the madness). Hung out at Xian's place chatting and snacking till 3:30 in the morning. I said to my sister that I'd hope that Ai Ling wasn't baking anything, because I would definitely eat it (despite the heavy dinner). She was baking cookies...

It seems that when I am not doing anything else, I will be eating something. Life is such in Ipoh.

Miraculously dragged myself up for church on Sunday. Provided moral support to my sister as she made cream puffs. I fell asleep while waiting to meet up with Simo-san, my long lost nephew who will return to America the next day. He hasn't changed much after 2 years, which is cool.

No comments: