About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Anak Emasku

My dearest Joanna Olivia Khoo May Chin,

In reply to Kuan!

It's been like nearly 5 years since I proclaimed you as my anak emas. (Like 2009-2004=5) That's like half a decade. We literally watched each others transition from emo teenager to adulthood, and went through a load of life's typical ups and downs and yet to survive the incoming ones.

My daughter, aged 21.


Despite you having a evergrowing social network, I'm very honoured (and a bit uppish) that you've always maintained me in the top 0.5% of the hierarchy. I could say the same for you. And for all the times I'd ever mistreated you, it wasn't me. It was my hormones working.

Post uni, it seems that we're growing apart into our own lives. I'm north, you're south. Sometimes I feel shitty that I couldn't be physically there for you like I always did. I'm desperately waiting for stupid Ipoh to reopen its airport. If it does, I'll pay for your air ticket to fly over and back. So no reason for not being able to come Ipoh.

I miss you heaps. You CAN tell.

I want to come to your room and wallow through all your endless junk like old times. You, who would allow me the liberty to bitch about all my problems until I fall asleep on your bed and still love / accept me anyways. x

It's consoling to know that even spending hours at the office glued to the chair my bum is still in acceptable form.

It is our honour that you are willing to support my sister's dream. You're welcome to participate our sampling of food.

I'm certain I'll own my mini palace when money permits. That's why I have to work my ass off. Things don't fall out from the sky, rain and rocks maybe. Since the economy is failing, we should cease relying heavily on the idea of marrying rich and secure our own turfs first.

At the moment, home is the best because food is freely served, clothes are fresh and pressed and my bed is made up. Saves a hell load of money. The only remuneration is to grow immunity against ma's nagging. It's a fair price to pay.

Come around Ipoh to ask my parents permission to wed their daughter and prepare an official proposal (incl. dinner, flowers, ring). I always dreamt of a 5 carat *hint hint*, but since it's you, you yourself are worth >16 carat already. So I won't refuse either way. ;)

I ruve u too.


xoxoxox

No comments: