About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blogging At Midnight

The most exciting thing that happened to me this week was moving to a new desk downstairs amongst the masses. The boss discovered me FB-ing and blogging instead of following my cases diligently and decided to demote me.

Impossible.

We actually discussed this over and realized that it would be best if I had a mentor at my side to guide me through my cases so that they can trust me with more cases. I must admit that I'm learning more than expected even just within these 3 days (ie. how to handle difficult clients/bank officers in style, how to play around deadlines, escape penalties and gory details of the financial health of banks/companies). Ms. Leong beside me is my great helpline.

No longer there are the days of me blogging and FB-ing on impulse during noon. I know I'll be missed. I discovered that the PC I am currently using was the same one I used when I was working in the firm 3 years ago (2005). How? Because it still contained all those anime wallpapers I uploaded. (:P) Fortunately, I am still able to go online (and prolly check on FB in the split seconds heads are turned) but unfortunately, the processor is one of >7 years ago and it is not able to support MSN (oh the horror).

The best news I heard today. Malat is returning in exactly a month's time. All this while I believed that I had to hold up till the end of July (June and July both start with 'J', that's why I got so mixed up) and we have tonnes of activities lined up for the entire month. OMG I'm so looking forward to our photo, food, beach, chiko-ing sessions. Waiting time just got cut short by 1 month.

The level of entertainment is not worth mentioning if compared to KL. It's not so bad because we're fun people who have fun anywhere, anytime. Last week, I even had this crazy idea of opening a decent club in Ipoh like Zouk. I don't think there is even a club in Ipoh that lives up to the qualifications of a club in Ipoh. Like, seriously.

The few interesting things to do when you're bored is eat, get on the net, watch a movie, shop a lil bit or sleep. That's all. Period. Howsoever, I think that Ipoh has the best cyber cafes in the country, correct me if you think otherwise. CCs in Ipoh get the best business because rent is cheap (big, famous ones own like 3 shoplots) and are very well equiped. Rate is cheapest in the country 1.00-2.50/hour but you get 3 lots worth of customers everyday. Profit up your neck sia.

---

Over the weekend, when it was scorching hot, Husky's fan broke down and my mum purposely carried a fan over and placed it next to the door. We even threw her a few pieces of ice to munch. The next day, mum got her a huge metal fan (you know the huge ones that can go full blast, mebbe we can borrow it for our photoshoots LOL).


The two rascals.


Jack looks a bit like Mickey Mouse when both his ears are flipped, doesn't he?


His emoness who is afraid of the dark.


No comments: