About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Misses Blogging, Misses My D40x

Phoon Photo, Ipoh is a xxxx. I probably would recommend people to buy camera stuff from this shop (because some item prices can be negotiated lower than other places) but DO NOT bring it for repairs.

1. The number 1 reason is for unreasonably slow and inefficient service. 1 whole month to get a QUOTE.  And after endless phone calls everyday since beginning of October. Fotokem replied me within 2 hours and promised 2 weeks repair. It is Month 3 and D40x still is nowhere to be seen. Promised to be delivered to me last week of November for my Hong Kong trip but they failed miserably.

2. He does not tell you that there are RM50 handling fees and minimum RM80 (he imposed RM120 at first, and I reacted horrified) for diagnosing your camera. He only informs you after sending your camera to KL.

3. Technician fees are so much higher without reason. Initial total was RM690, before I managed to negotiate it to RM640. Fotokem quoted RM540 (inclusive of handling charges and misc.) And even if I didn't want to get it fixed, I still have to pay RM120 as ransom for my camera returned to me.

4. He claims that its expensive because his technicians are professional. Yeah right, professional to the point where they had to send it back to KL for the 2nd time because the repairs were FAULTY. I mean, shouldn't the PROFESSIONAL technicians check whether everything was perfect before sending it out again?! And they didn't even have the courtesy to inform me. They asked me to come collect it and I went there (for the 3rd time) just to be let down again.


No comments: