About Me

My photo
Cherry L. is a dessert junkie and self-proclaimed psycho genius dreaming of world domination while creatively avoiding scandals. When not engaged in social interactions, she subconsciously slips off into a parallel universe. Easily distracted by pretty boys and strange objects. Her demonic kiasu-ness and notorious procrastination are genetic.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Good vs. The Bad

It's 2 weeks into the beginning of the New Year, I hope everyone is still feeling the excitement of new resolutions and have things to look forward to this year. Whatever negative things that have taken place, it is time to move on and leave them with 2009; behind and seize the future!

Been really occupied recently by various things! I have a couple of unfinished draft blog posts pending because I don't have enough time to finish typing them...

Anyway this is my personal summary of 2009:-

  1. Suffered Quarter Life Crisis.
  2. Establishing the Chiko Guild December 2008.
  3. Read a TONNE.
  4. Thought about a lot of things MEGATONNE.
  5. Argued and debated with myself every waking moment.
  6. Learned Japanese.
  7. Organized BBQ, steamboat, buffet, tea time, supper on large scale.
  8. Worked for a year. Thats like H*LY achievement to me because I'm surprised I could endure it for so long considering the fact that I'm supposed to H* the nature of my job. Throughout the whole time, I never verbalized my feelings in complaints about my job because there's no point making myself feel worst about it plus I knew I had to have this job for divine reasons.
  9. Saving enough money for 2 years of college and made it way above my targeted amount which allows me to do more mighty things in the upcoming days. I sacrificed a year of luxuries, not going out for fancy food, shopping or entertainment. I had to cut a lot from my daily expenses. I discovered I could actually survive on drinking Milo for lunch for a week if I had to...
  10. Despite the frugal lifestyle, I am capable of paying my own bills, maintenance and still have a little extra to donate to charity. Am also happy that I was able to give nice birthday and Christmas presents to my family and friends.
  11. Discovered K-Pop and its ecstasy inducing properties which played a major part in pulling me through my depression which could have f*king killed me throughout the entire year.
  12. Fell head over heels in love TWICE. Thank God for Siwon and Taeyang, because they're the reason my heart is still beating (with excitement) everyday.
  13. I still managed to have fun within a reasonable budget; the occasional outstation trips within the country (ie. Cameron Highlands, Penang, JB, KL) karaoke and food sessions, Lost World of Tambun and its Petting Zoo! 
  14. Was invited as a photographer for a couple of public events. 
  15. Broke my Baby. Got back Baby. Realizes how important Baby was to me after we were separated for 3 months and nearly lost him. Vows to take care of him better from now onwards. (My D40x)
  16. Worked as a waitress and experienced my first case of open sexual harassment. After that experience though, I feel as that it is a given that I should have more pride in myself and that it is totally your right to stand up for yourself and learn to protect yourself (and slap the bloody bastard if needed). With my qualities, I don't NEED to work in these kind of places.
  17. Totally losing hope in my parents.
  18. Po passed away in September. Feels as if I have a had part blown off my brain (numb and empty). It's a part where I still find painful to think about. 
  19. Feels genuinely the honour and love of taking care of our elders. Feels like I wanna spoil my goong goong now.
  20. Feels liberated because I don't feel as if I will definitely die pathetically if I can't live off my parents at the expense of giving up my dreams and being a doormat.
  21. Applied for Art College ONCE AGAIN!!! This time I was TOTALLY independent.
  22. Finds a magnetic bracelet which greatly minimizes the pain in my wrist.
  23. Handled a 1 million case.
  24. Got pissed drunk and fainted in a bar. Never again.
  25. Comic Fiesta 2009 was the epic and glorious end of 2009. Finally debuted officially as a cosplayer! And we did quite well too. Met a lot of new like-minded friends.
  26. Lost 4 kg in a week. Gained 2 back the week after.
  27. Welcoming Jack, QQCupcake (the joy of my life), Snow, Franny and later Lucky this year into the family.
  28. Discovered my passion, my pulse and my purpose in life. My troubles have only succeeded in inflaming my determination and my demonic kiasu-ness.
  29. At the end of the year, I feel that I'm a much stronger person in every aspect. Survived my Quarter Life Crisis.
  30. I still believe in love. On a much greater scale than before.
  31. Realizes I'm way much better off than a lot of people and wishes to contribute help every chance I get.

No comments: